Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Where does FTPit Pro store account details?

This topic is 3472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm planning an FTP enhancement to a client's small office multi-user environment:

• 5 Mac users running FileMaker Pro, using peer-to-peer sharing
  • central database hosted by FileMaker Pro (not Server) on a Mac mini

Several of the users will use FTPit to download files into central database fields and upload field content into files on the FTP server.

Is each user responsible for her own FTP account configuration, or is there a practical way for account details to be stored in the central database?

-- Ward

I would imagine that the FTP credentials and paths are stored in a preference table and set in an Open script. I've used 360works FTP plugin and that's how it is done.

They should consider moving to FMS or remote hosting. Try this...take away the system and say, "please provide me with the last backup." Now they'll understand why they need server.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I'm planning an FTP enhancement to a client's small office multi-user environment:

• 5 Mac users running FileMaker Pro, using peer-to-peer sharing
  • central database hosted by FileMaker Pro (not Server) on a Mac mini

Several of the users will use FTPit to download files into central database fields and upload field content into files on the FTP server.

Is each user responsible for her own FTP account configuration, or is there a practical way for account details to be stored in the central database?

-- Ward

Hi Ward

Check out the samples on the CNS website, you'll find a basic file that has an FTP table.

Copy the table and paste it into your solution. Every record is a possible account, so it's up to you to decide whether you want a different account for each User or 1 single account for all Users.

There is also a page on creating a single Account process which does not require the use of a table.

The account details could effectively be stored in a variable, at the start of the FTP script process.

Unfortunately, the CNS documentation is scattered and assumes you have read every page on the site, functions, knowledge base...

rl

• 1 year later...

This topic is 3472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.