Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Password Window Not Popping Up

This topic is 4067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

One of my colleagues overseas cannot get the password window to pop up when trying to connect to the FileMaker Server in our office. This is the first time we encounter this problem and I would appreciate any help to remedy it.

My colleague, base in Malaysia, has just installed FileMaker Pro 12 in her computer. She tried to open remote file and add a favourite host with the correct host internet address. Normally, upon saving the new favourite host, a new window would be opened and the user would be prompted to enter the account name and password. This window did not pop up at all.

She has sent me a screenshot and her host interenet address is correctly entered. She also confirmed that she has Bonjour installed as prompted during the installation process.

The database in question is hosted with FileMaker Server 12 Advanced in our office, and we use FileMaker Pro 12 for accessing the database. We have in the past successfully installed FMP12 and access the database remotely in other oversea offices (Africa).

Your help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

The MacGuffin

What is the operating system on the client workstation in Malaysia?  And what is the OS of the FileMAker Server machine? There are several possible explanations for this behavior, but we need to narrow them down first.

Also, can the remote Malaysian client actually access the database?

Steven

Thanks Steven,

Both the client and the server are operating on Windows Vista. And yes the client does have access to the database, with a valid account and password: We've tested her access via IWP and she is able to log into the database successfully.

Cheers,

The MacGuffin

Bonjour is irrelevant in this story; that is for discovering FileMaker Servers on the local network.

It could be that the lag time is just too long for FM to communicate properly with FMS.  Do you see evidence of her connecting in the FMS event and access logs?

This topic is 4067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.