Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 4006 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Need help getting data out .fp5 files.

We have a client with an old Filemaker database. At the time they purchased it, they chose not to pay for the administrator package.

They need to get their data out to switch to a new system, but they do not have access to any of the functions that will allow them to do this.

As stated, the file format is .fp5 and they are using Filemaker 6.

Ideally, we would like to convert the tables to .txt or spreadsheet format. Otherwise, access to the export function might give us what we need.

Compensation: TBD - by the Project

Contact Details: [email protected]

Disclaimer: FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these positions please contact the poster for further information regarding the position particulars.

They have the right to their data. They need to contact the developer for the proper account privileges. If the developer can not be found, then  FileMaker used to provide a service for this for $100. however they would need to prove ownership, so they should contact Customer Service.

Also, there use to be file crackers that they could purchase (maybe they are free now?) that will crack the file so that they can get to their data. These are dangerous to the file, so they would want to do it with backup copy.

• 2 months later...

There is a company called Passware that has a program that will strip away the passwords from FileMaker solutions. I haven't used this or tried it myself so I can't comment as to how well it works. You could take a look, though I highly doubt they would support the older versions of FileMaker as the feature is fairly new, but you never know.

This topic is 4006 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.