Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SSL error triggered on SC_BASE_URL call

This topic is 4073 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies
greetings,
when we issue this call from a PHP page 
         $SC_BASE_URL = 'https://xxx.xxx.com/SuperContainer/Files';
            $sc = new SuperContainer($SC_BASE_URL);

we are getting the following error

Error: [256] Could not connect to SuperContainer server: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Not sure where the certificate issue lies however... is it in the JVM that the SC JAR runs in or does SC have its own JVM somewhere else?  I thought it just installed as a JAR inside FMS's JVM

I assumed the message was referencing the SSL cert that protects our IIS website (URL above) and added the CA root certs to the "cacerts" for the JVM in Program FilesFilemakerFilemaker Servercommonjavalibsecurity and restarted FMS but that didn't resolve the issue

• Newbies

found an alternate solution (for our CWP-Tomcat mode of installation)

modify supercontainer.php 

installed in C:Program Files (x86)FileMakerFileMaker ServerWeb Publishingpublishing-enginephp

add this to the _createCurl function:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

this option tells curl to bypass attempts to validate the SSL cert on the webserver which serves SC

still, the better solution would be to find a way to properly introduce the CA chain for our webserver's SSL certificate into the appropriate certificate store but I can't figure out where that lives.  

it might be a keystore that is part of PHP since its the PHP Curl library that is negotiating the SSL connection.

This topic is 4073 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.