Snapshot needs tool bar?

This topic is 3872 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I created script which runs Snapshot but when User runs it it says a toolbar must be open (which I keep hidden and locked).  I do not understand how this is supposed to work.  It is so exciting to be able to do it but nobody talks about how wonderful it is.  Do they not talk about it because it just can't be used because most people hide the toolbar so they can't use it?

Please someone what is the scoop?  I have tried everything to use it and can't figure it out.  It keeps saying it needs toolbar open but how can I open tool bar when it is clicked to run since it is not a real script where I can add a 'show toolbar' first.  I need to hide toolbar when done.

ps I changed opening 'first window' script to show toolbar to let Snapshot in and at end of startup, hide toolbar again.  Doesn't work.  Nothing seems to work.

I don't have a problem creating a script that will save records as a snapshot link file, regardless of whether the tool bar is closed and locked.  Can you recreate the problem with a small test file?

• 6 months later...

I forgot about this request.  I didn't get an email.  Thank you, Matthew, I appreciate it.  I asked this six months ago?!  wow.

I can save as snapshot just fine.  But it won't retrieve it because there must be an unlocked custom menu.  I will try to do a file later today. I am on my way to the dentist.   :hmm:

This topic is 3872 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.