Closing the Host

tomlepk

This topic is 8420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Tray Utility that will run applications at specific times. This is utilized because the Technical Support deptartment gets here later and leaves earlier because other departments that use the Databases have different shifts. At 5:30 AM a batch file will start, it downloads the current data from Oracle, then starts up the Host session and opens all the databases being served. Then at 8:30 PM another batch file opens a database with the Exit Application script step as the startup script to close the whole thing down for the nightly backup. Mind you I do not yet have Filemaker Server just Filemaker 5. My question is when a user inadvertently leaves their session open to Filemaker the Application can't shut down and the backup is then corrupt. Is there a way to force the users to log off or even to have them remotely exit the application.

Thomas Lepkowski

Another poster a few days ago mentioned (I think) that FMP Server 5 has an option to time-out idle user connections. It sounds like this function, if it is FMP Server 5, would be ideal.

This topic is 8420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.