Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dragged pictures are always landscape

This topic is 4057 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum but I didn't find one specific for container fields.

The problem I´m having is, all pictures I save to FMP 12 containers fields show as landscape. This is what I do:

- I take some pictures with my iPhone, some landscape, some portrait

- I open image capture, drag the pictures to my desktop

- I drag them from the desktop to a FM container field

- They all appear as landscape

How come the ones that show as portrait (even in the desktop) they show as landscape in FM?

I´d appreciate any feedback, thanks!

I just tried both insertion and drag & drop of two different jpgs into FM12 container fields.

Drag & Drop test:

On jpg was landscape and one portrait. Both jpgs were properly aligned, the landscape as landscape and the portrait as portrait. Source of the files was photos downloaded from a camera into IPhoto, then dragged onto the desktop, and then dragged or inserted into the FM12 container fields.

Is the problem consistent? Could you try this with photos from a different device and see if it still occurs?  

Insertions into the container fields as "Picture" shows the images correctly aligned and double click produces no result.

Insertions into the container fields as "File" only shows icons, not the actual image. Insertion into one of these container fields was done as the entire file and the other as a stored reference. Only the  'stored reference' file will open on double click. 

I think the problem you're having is due to the EXIF data on the photo.  I've had the same problem with photos from my iPhone.  Even though it will display correctly most places (phone, OS, various programs), the photo was never actually rotated.  The EXIF data just tells programs that display it the orientation of the phone when the photo was shot.  The program takes care of the rest.  It's only been a problem for me a couple of times. In those instances, I just opened them up in Photoshop, re-saved it, and voila.  It displayed correctly.  There may be a better/faster fix than this.  I just haven't looked for one.

This topic is 4057 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.