Generating Barcodes in FM GO

This topic is 3931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Folks. I have an FM12 solution that uses the 6Barcode plugin to generate some barcodes in each record. This database is also available to Filemaker Go users using Filemaker Network Sharing in FM12ADV.

Of course the barcodes do not render in FM Go as there is no plugin on the iPad side. I'm looking for any solution that would allow the barcodes to appear on the FM Go side. The file must be served to the iPad and cannot reside on it. Barcodes need to be code 128. I doubt there's a straight forward solution, but any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Update: I tried using IDautomation barcode font, but as expected it did not carry over to FM GO. Just came up as digits.

a few ideas come to mind:

1. Trigger plugin on server by performing a find in an unstored calculation field. I read a post on this somewhere on fmforums.com, but wasn't able to find it right now.
  2. Trigger script to be performed by server: http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/85667-fmsdifm-take-your-filemaker-solutions-to-a-new-level-with-wan-connections/
  3. http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/87923-seedcode-filemaker-barcodes-without-plugins/#entry403781
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, the only solution I had was to convert the ID field (number) into a barcode image field (container). It should up very nicely on the iPad, even printed from it with no problem. 

The major problem is the size of the file will grow with the use of images. but it is the only work around I could find. 

• 4 months later...

This topic is 3931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.