Let's talk EVERNOTE

chiyo

This topic is 1839 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Evernote has been a true game changer for me. I think it's such an amazing tool it deserves it's own place to share how we're using it.

Here's a quick description of the way I'm using it recently - but I may change my organization over time. I'm interested in how you all are using it and has anyone done integration with FM with the Evernote API.

How I'm working with it:

Client Info: I create a notebook per client. I like to keep a NOTE for all business logic, language, etc...

Features: I often set up 1 NOTE to store historical notes on a single page.

UI Design Screenshots: I create a note with before and after screen shots, since evernote does OCR on images you can search for a word that might appear on a layout screen shot for finding it again later, for reference.

Workflow Screenshots: As I work I screenshot before and after graph work or relationship settings, scripts when working fast and wanting to quickly capture changes. Just did a huge data migration and captured screenshots at given points to slow myself down and double check my work. I could see if I had "Add new records" selected. A bit crazy but I appreciated it slowing me down just a bit and forced me to stick to a rule I try to live by, check it 3 x. For the data migration project it was helpful to see the record counts and a bit of import mapping. An odd use case but something I tried.

Wiki-like Topic Notes: I have a FileMaker notebook, inside that I have a NOTE per TOPIC, like SQL and I'll put most of my links on 1 page for quick reference but I'm not sure if that's better than having individual notes. I guess I'm using it a bit like a wiki. I like it because instead of having to read a really long list of notes within my FileMaker notebook - I can get right to my favorite SQL notes.

I could go on and on here... I will pause and come back when I have some more time. Must leave the forum for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I also use it for work, probably to a lesser extend than that, but for similar purposes.  I create a notebook for each client too, and use the notes to record outcomes of meetings, contact details, server settings etc. I haven't really gotten into using evernote for screen captures or diagrams but I'm sure that would come in handy.  I also use it to store files like zip files or databases instead of putting them onto my hard drive direct.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

This is obviously a very old thread. I love Evernote, but I've never felt security was good enough for business information. If love to use it for more but i mostly use it as a place to save stuff i find on the web .

This topic is 1839 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.