Find and Date

This topic is 8409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two questions:

One: I have 1800 records with a date (imported from FoxPro) in the form

20010509, year 2001, month 05, day 09. How can I change all this date field so the date is 05/09/2001. The new input is OK its the old 1800 that I need to change. I did a left, right and middle but it leaves spaces between the numbers.

Two: I have a field that contains names. I want to do a find on multiple different names and have that list displayed/printed. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

jim..

For your first question: create a calc field [Like NewDate_calc] and use the following formula "=Date(Middle(CurDate, 5, 2), Right(CurDate, 2), Left(CurDate, 4))". Create a new date field as a date, and write a script that will loop thru the 1800 old record and set the new date field to the date value in the NewDate_Calc field and then set the old date field the value of the new date field. I have to have and intermediate field hold otherwise I believe you'll come up with circular reference in your calculations. One you have converted the dates you can remove the NewDate_Calc and new date field.

As for question two: when you do your find, enter the name of the person you want name field, and then select New Request under the Record menu. This will present with a new form to enter the name of the next person, etc. etc. This is how you do "OR" searches in FMP.

HTH

This topic is 8409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.