Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing double sided with different layouts

mikegfy

This topic is 4045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a pretty complex idea and I'm not sure if it's possible.

I'm printing an invoice on letter sized paper in landscape. It prints great, but the address doesn't fit particularly well in the window of an envelope.

Here's my idea: I want to print the invoice in landscape like normal, and have the printer print the address on the back of the invoice in a position that would fit in the window if I were printing in portrait. The text would be rotated, which is easy.

How do I make a layout where the 2nd page is just the address? I could make a separate layout that prints what I want, but I can't print double sided with 2 different print jobs or they will come out on separate pages. Also these invoices can be multiple pages. The layout has a header, body, and footer section.

I would find a way to extend the layout to include one extra even numbered page. If the invoice was always one page it would be easy to extend the layout by one page and rotate the address field on the second page. The easiest solution however is to have the address field included on page one. Of course, to fit inside a #9 or #10 window envelope the layout would have to be in Portrait. I generally put cheques in window envelopes and line everything up. Some forms aren't worth the trouble, so I have layouts for various sizes of non-window envelopes and simply print on the envelope. As long as you're not sending out hundreds at a time, the single envelope feed is not a problem.

I think I figured out a way to do it. It's quite complicated. I'll try to explain it if anyone else is interested, otherwise I'll save my breath and everyone else the confusion of my explanation.

I'm curious to hear how you accomplished this.

This topic is 4045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.