Right click menu different for different privilege sets?

This topic is 4019 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One of our users today approached me about adding an add file button to our layout, because she didn't like to use drag and drop.  I told her she should be able to right click and choose Select Picture to get the functionality she wanted.  She told me right clicking only gives her cut, copy and paste.  I made an account with her privilege set, and confirmed that it does indeed not include the other right click menu options, like my full account does.  Problem is, I had no idea this was a thing, or how to approach fixing it?  Where in the world is there a setting I can change to give the more exhaustive right click menu options to my users?

http://www.filemaker.com/12help/html/passwords.14.25.html#1029402

Does the permission level for Available Menu commands set to ALL or Editing Only?

Specify that only a limited set of menu commands are available when the file is active

For Available menu commands, choose one of the following:

• All to enable all menu commands except those specifically disabled by other privilege set options.
  • Editing only to enable only basic editing commands in Browse mode.
  • Minimum to disable all menu commands except those that open, close, and create database files, switch between database windows, perform scripts, open FileMaker Pro Help, or change preference options.

http://www.filemaker.com/12help/html/passwords.14.25.html#1029402

Does the permission level for Available Menu commands set to ALL or Editing Only?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-21 at 12.45.07 PM.png

Thanks for the response.  The relevant priv set has Available Meud commands set to ALL.  See snapshot showing this setting, and another snapshot showing the limited right click options when right clicking containers.

post-64581-0-53945300-1366604520_thumb.p

post-64581-0-26922200-1366604533_thumb.p

Do you have a Custom Menu set up?  If you remove an option from the Menu, it generally isn't available in the context menu.

Thanks Josh, you nailed it!  The Insert menu item was missing from the custom menu settings for this priv set.  Got it fixed!

Incidentally, I wanted to take a second to apologize for my bump post, upon re-reading it sounded a lot more snippety than I intended it to sound.  I was genuinely concerned I had asked a really dumb question is all :P

This topic is 4019 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.