Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot generate or view site using PHP Assistant (OSX10.8.3/FMSA11.5)

This topic is 4033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a mac server and desktop where I have installed 11.x.5 just to be able to use PHP Site Assistant.  I cannot get the "generate" or "view" site to work on either machine (server 10.7.5 w/java 7 21) and on the desktop (10.8.3 / java 7 21).  

When I go through the process (I've done it many times before) and select generate site it opens a dialog box asking where I want to save the site (files).  Regardless of the platform/machine/folder when I navigate to a location the dialog box will not permit me to designate that folder (or any folder anywhere) as the location into which to generate the site.  I can't make it past this dialog box on either machine.

I have reinstalled several times, flushed the java cache, used the full installer (11.0.4.404 or the newer 11.xxx.5 full or the updater) in either case I get to this same dialog box and it refuses to allow me to select a folder into which I need to save the generated files.

This is making me crazy.  Has anyone else run into this?  Sounds like a permission thing, but when it happens on two machine with different OS??  JAVA thing maybe??

The PHP and IWP test pages work fine

This topic is 4033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.