Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Supercontainer does not restart with windows 7 restart

This topic is 4026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled supercontainer on a PC running windows 7 professional and Filemaker Server Advanced 11.  I have done this twice once with Filemaker Server running and one without it running.  When the computer restarts, Supercontainer does not restart.

I could put the server  .jar file in the startup items folder but it seems there should be a better way??

David

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the installer exe file but then when the server restarts (due to updates or power outage) SuperContainer does not start. I must then open a remote desktop connection and double click on the .jar file.  The odd thing is I get a message that it is already running but it is not as far as Filemaker Server Advanced is concerned.  Any user logging in to FM gets an error message when the startup script sets the default path and tests for operation.  Only starting the .jar file manually fixes the problem.  I went as far as removing FM Server Advanced and reinstalling and then using the exe file to install SuperContainer and it still does not work. (does not restart with the whole pc/server restarting)

I think you get the message about SC already running because it is already running. The standalone SC server runs out of port 8020 and the installation to FMS runs out of port 80. Are you using port 8020 in your FM web viewers? That would explain why FM doesn't "see" the FMS SC installation. Could you provide a URL to test with? Feel free to send me an email, and I can help you get this resolved. 

This topic is 4026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.