Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Turn off Tabs .. those for TabOrder being created?

This topic is 4028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Tell you why?  trying to figure

My system crashes out of FM // no error...to often...

Wat I notice,  I press TabOrder key when editing layout?

Copying as,  compact, re placing file, it i tried.. and tried already, I have removed misc layouts, pieces of..asked questions...   freaked every time I need to set my TabOrder.. sometimes it works?

This time again.. I noticed...  just before the crash...

i saw  something like...    saying   339  of 525 Tabs???  Noted in that layout just before the crash.

Where these #'s coming from?

I would never have intentionally make that many tabs.... but... maybe over time or there something weird  going on with FM ver 12,  whereas NEVER in FM 9... where i have been for years until the last several months..

How i fixed my problem...

Started removing stuff....

I open every layout  of 50....

smallest first and edit ,

clicked on Tab Order and quickly Clear ALL////

Saving the last or the crashing layout for last,

that i have the most editing... most layers, 1 tabmodula w/12tabs,  portals on 4 tabs  etc

I noticed this time just before...  by the time I got to this last layout, the one that crashed...

I had lost some tabs clearing other layouts   it said   or went DOWN..... 215 of 300 tabs   still way too many.... it did not crash when i clicked Clear ALL tabs this time..doing this CLEAR.. 

BTW, I got another different application.. that does same... haven't got to it to test yet..

Hi ya all...  

So now... NO tabs... for everything... wait and see

For now on, I only want to add Tabs last if possible...

then Order them when developing a operator tabbing through data entry fields maybe...

SO nice people out there, is it possible this is,  was my problem... some kind of accumulations of Tabs>?

1) top Tabs being created

Another./ but the same kind of problem.. FM taking over..

A)  everytime I add a field to a layout ... it adds a title + the field     -- i forget to uncheck box add title--   

FM  add field to the bottom of my clean layout making room for its self new fields

Thanks so much  :shocked:

Rod

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "The Left Brain" to "Damaged / Corrupt File Problems".

I moved your topic here, because what you describe sounds an awful lot like your file has corruptions.

Was this a file created in previous versions of FileMaker and then Migrated to version 12?

Did you try turning off indexing?

Did you try opening your file on a different machine / platform, etc.

Corruption can be caused by a layout objects such as graphics or pictures pasted directly onto them, did you try removing any graphics.

yes.. from FM11, same machine, though dual bootxp/ win 7

No... i have not turned off indexing... should I?    where at?

Yes, i got the same on a Lap top, win 7 machine too

Have you looked at the FileMaker Error Codes Err Cod Link to see if you can match a description to the errors you mentioned?

Did this file work ok for a while, or are you just migrating it now?

If this is a recent migration, I'm not sure your indexing is a problem, however, you turn off indexing for each field in the Manage Database Field Options

I'm do not know widows compatibility, so someone else will need to address this if there is a conflict. :(I

Any graphics pasted to the layouts?

This topic is 4028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.