Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Citrix Xenapp and Send Mail script step

This topic is 4022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are exploring moving our WAN users to a Citrix Xenapp server. I have seen threads in this forum asking whether this affects the Send Mail script step, specifically, will the users native email client still open and be correctly populated? I have yet to see an answer to this question.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

-Nate

by "native" you mean the email client on their own computer?  Then no.  The email client needs to be available in the same citrix session for the Send Mail to work.

You can of course use the SMTP option of the Send Mail script step without any issues.

Thanks Wim and Steven. OK, I thought as much regarding the Send Mail script step. We will have to have those users default to SMTP mail sending. 

The problem we are trying to address is just performance. Scripts that take 1-3 seconds on the LAN take 40-60 seconds over WAN in London. Now, this is a system that I just took over, and I am certain that there is massive room for improvement in terms of script optimization and database architecture/schema improvement. However, wouldn't combining those improvements with a Citrix server give us the best of all worlds?

Thanks again,

Nate

The problem we are trying to address is just performance. Scripts that take 1-3 seconds on the LAN take 40-60 seconds over WAN in London. Now, this is a system that I just took over, and I am certain that there is massive room for improvement in terms of script optimization and database architecture/schema improvement. However, wouldn't combining those improvements with a Citrix server give us the best of all worlds?

Not necessarily.  I would focus first on getting the solution optimized.  Also, optimizing the server would be an additional important step.  Before investing in Citrix, try to clean up the environment where you are operating.

Steven

This topic is 4022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.