Help related DB Doesn't update when first one changes

raif

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a pretty complicated program running but the break down is basicaly between just two of the three files. In the first fileA i have a list of items and I say how many I want if any of each. both the item and the number of items are fields from fileB. File B updates fine you look at it and all the info is there. fileC has many inventory parts that are associated with each item. FileC then performs a calc for each part to see weather that item has a quantity or not. so the calc would look like this " if ( FileB::Item list = " the name of item, say bookshelf " , Qty ,"" ) " So if there are any bookshelves then than that part has the number equal to the quantity of bookshelves other wise that part has a quantity of zero. I then reference everything in FileA again using portals and so on.

The Problem is that despite the fact that the quantity of a particular item may have changed to zero in FileB, FileC says there is some other quantity. Further more, and I hate to even mention it because it makes no sence at all, it doesn't seem to be just leaving the previous number in the field. It seems to be placing numbers ( I belive usually "1"'s ) in quantity fields for items that haven't even been used recently. For instance Maybe I haven't sold a desk or a chair or table in months but have sold many bookshelves, filecabinets and tv stands. You might expect to see the wrong number for the later items but instead the former items which haven't been referenced have one's.

I realize that this is not only perhaps a difficult problem but also difficult to follow. If you have any insites or questions please let me know

Thanks

Raif

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.