Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal row highlighting in CSS

This topic is 4006 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to find the CSS code to disable portal row highlighting. (Filemaker 12 adv)

(or change the highlight color)

I copied an empty portal (no fields) to the clipboard.

Loaded the clipboard into Textmate.

Than I can read the fmxmlsnippet of the Filemaker Portal

I can change borders, background color etc. (load it back into the clipboard and paste it into Filemaker -works-)

But I cannot find the way to disable the highlighting of the portal.

There is a line that references to the highlight color but that seems to do nothing when I change it.

Any ideas

Thanks

Henk

Rotterdam

Holland

FileMaker's official policy on mucking with the layout object CSS is, "Please don't do it." There's no telling how your tweaks will be treated by future versions. You may be able to achieve the same effect by the same sort of conditional formatting techniques for highlighting a selected portal row, which you can find by searching the forums.

jbante,

Conditional formatting is greyed out with a selected portal. I'm using it for a horizontal portal set-up with only one row initiated for each portal. It's like a kind of single area unit where related fields can be displayed. (each single portal starts at a different initial row)

The only thing that annoys me is when clicking in the portal the portal (area) darkens (like selecting a portal row). The way to avoid this is covering up spaces around the fields used in/on the portal with invisible buttons (exit script function). But I have a lot of these single row horizontal portal areas on the layout so it would be a kind of a mess to cover up all those spaces.

It would be a cleaner/better option for me to change the CSS highlight color for the portal.

Thank you for answering.

Henk

Typically, portal row conditional formatting effects are achieved by a single object per portal [row] that lies underneath all the other objects in the portal. It doesn't have to be as hard as your description makes it sound. You might also consider formatting the fields to cover all the available space in each portal row.

Just applying a format to the portal would be simpler, but that isn't supported by FileMaker either by conditional formatting or CSS. (Here I mean supported both in the sense that it works, and in the sense that FileMaker Inc. will accept the blame if it doesn't work.) I believe the better option is the one that works, especially when compared to another option that is unsupported, discouraged, and even seems to not exist.

This topic is 4006 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.