Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Summary Fields Not Adding Correctly ?

This topic is 4004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I always create different calculations to check my MATH.  I noticed I had a problem when I added my "Trailing Grand Summary" fields together to check the total summary column and I discovered that I am OFF by pennies ?? Huh ???

Anyway, I started manually checking and ALL SUMMARY TOTALS are OFF except for ONE???, please see pics ...

I also tried managing my decimal within the calculation by Rounding with 2 decimal, within the "Inspector" as well thinking that is was a decimal round issue since the Sub Summary Totals are only off by so little.  But, It didn't matter what I did with the decimal,  same results.  Sum Summary are not adding correctly ??

When ADDING ( one added correctly, ALL OTHERS DON'T??)

I took some screen shots of a few examples, my first Sub Summary is adding correctly while all other are off by pennies.

I've also show my trailing grand summary, and when I add across, the total is off by .11 cents ?? Huh ??

Any assistance here would be grateful.

Thank you.

Tom :-)

SummaryFields.pdf

I answered on your technet posting but can you upload the file here if you are still having issues.

Hi,

Sorry ... Everybody!

I let my calculator send me down a path of nowhere.  Instead, I should have put my fields into excel and let excel do my check.  Had I done that I would have found everything work normally, no decimal problem and no addition problem.

Boy do I feel like  a dope!!!  Yikes ...

Anyway.  Thank you for all the advise.

I won't forget this one for a while.

Tom

This topic is 4004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.