_Print and _Script files

This topic is 3987 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All:

I am new using FM 12 and implementing the data separation model. I have samples to implement the data and application files, however, would like to apply the same method to the scripts and reports/prints. Where can I download samples of the application_print and application_scripts files? 

Thanks in advance!

Mary

Hi Mary,

I am not sure from where you find the stuffs you are looking for but what I can suggest you is that for scripting and printing you can use your application file so it will easy to handle your modifications in application files and not bother to carry forward your data files always. Another thing to access your table just add your data file as a filemaker data source from file option (File -> Manage -> External Data Sources..). Then create TOGs for the data file tables as per your requirement and use the same in scripting as well as creating printing & UI layout screens. You are most welcome to post your more queries over here, we will try to help you out.

Thanks

As Manjit points out, we have no idea where you've gotten "...samples to implement the data and application files", and so we cannot help you until you provide more detail.

Thanks to both! :) Sorry that I did not refer the paper I read. Here it is: http://www.filemakerpapers.com/papers/201106dataseparation.html

She refers to have:

Application

Application_data
Application_print
Application_script

as a good practice. I have some samples for application and _data, but no for _print and_script. If there are not samples for them, would like to know how implement the __print and _script files.

Thanks very much,

Mary

This topic is 3987 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.