Duplicate Dilema

Lee J

This topic is 8307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a quotation system with a script that Duplicates related items in a Line_Items db by first exporting the original items out, then performs a replace with new Quote Number, and then re-imports the original items back in.

My scripts work ok running it locally, but when I Serve the databases via FMServer it fails to work.

Any ideas folks?

You know, as I started reading your post about the fancy imports you do, I thought "that'll break when used multi-user"...

Imports don't work multi-user *unless* they are performed from the host machine. The reason they don't work is that each guest's found set is independent from the host machine.

My only suggestion is to get rid of the imports.

OK If I get rid of the Imports how shall I handle the Duplication of the Related records?.

We generate automatic Quotes with many being similiar to the last, Hence the reason to Duplicate. I found the Importing to be good because I reduced the chance of any previous quotes getting completely overidden.

Who else can I duplicate related records via Portal?

I did try using this initially by using a loopthrough the found set, however when I had a quote which had 100's of items I ran into all sorts of difficulty.

However I will investigate this option as my FM skills have improved somewhat over the course of this project.

cheers

This topic is 8307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.