Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't get the sync working

This topic is 3992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have installed MS on a remote server. 

I believe it is installed correctly.

If I run the DB with the sync installed using FM pro on the server machine the sync works.

If I run it remotely either on FM pro or on an iPad it doesn't sync (I have downloaded a fresh file from the MS console).

I get an error 404 message saying the server is not available when trying to do the initial sync.  the IP address in the error message is the correct external IP of the server.

To confirm, all files required for the sync are available using the remote open feature on both the FM pro and iPad, so the files are being published by the server, and are accessible.

Please help!

Hello Martin,

Could you paste the exact error message you are getting? Also, can you open a browser from where you are trying to sync and navigate to:

YourExternalIP/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames

Do you see an error code here? Can you also navigate to the MirrorSync page?

Thank you,

Sarah Mulligan

360Works

Hi Sarah,

Many thanks for replying.

I am currently using the demo if that makes any difference...?  Will be purchasing once resolved though.

The error I get on FM pro when trying to sync is

The MirrorSync URL returned an unexpected response. Check your URL, verify that the server is running properly, and try again. Address: http://MyIP/MirrorSync/sync

Response: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Document Error: Not Found</TITLE></HEAD>

<BODY><H2>Access Error: 404 -- Not Found</H2>

</BODY></HTML>

If I use the URL on my remote machine I get

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

When logged in to the server machine I get the following error when using the external IP (using the URL you provided)

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to  and look for the information you want. 

When logged in to the server machine I get the following when using the internal IP (using the URL you provided)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE FMPXMLRESULT SYSTEM "http://InternalIP:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.dtd" PUBLIC "-//FMI//DTD FMPXMLRESULT//EN">
-<FMPXMLRESULT xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpxmlresult"><ERRORCODE>0</ERRORCODE><PRODUCT VERSION="12.0.2.228" NAME="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" BUILD="6/21/2012"/><DATABASE NAME="DBNAMES" TIMEFORMAT="" RECORDS="6" LAYOUT="" DATEFORMAT=""/>-<METADATA><FIELD NAME="DATABASE_NAME" TYPE="TEXT" MAXREPEAT="1" EMPTYOK="NO"/></METADATA>-<RESULTSET FOUND="6">-<ROW RECORDID="0" MODID="0">-<COL><DATA>Contact Management</DATA></COL></ROW>-<ROW RECORDID="0" MODID="0">-<COL><DATA>FMServer_Sample</DATA></COL></ROW>-<ROW RECORDID="0" MODID="0">-<COL><DATA>DB 3</DATA></COL></ROW>-<ROW RECORDID="0" MODID="0">-<COL><DATA>DB 6</DATA></COL></ROW>-<ROW RECORDID="0" MODID="0">-<COL><DATA>DB 4</DATA></COL></ROW>-<ROW RECORDID="0" MODID="0">-<COL><DATA>DB 5</DATA></COL></ROW></RESULTSET></FMPXMLRESULT>

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information! It sounds like either Apache/IIS has a problem, or web publishing is not functioning correctly. Does your web publishing engine happen to run on a different machine (two machine deployment)?

In any case, the way to solve this issue is to run the server deployment from FileMaker Server Admin Console. If there is a problem with the web publishing engine, this will fix it. If it can't talk to IIS or Apache in the right way, then at this point it should let you know how to fix it. After running the wizard, try the sync again.

Let me know how it goes!

-Sarah

serverdeploy.png

Hi Sarah,

I have redeployed the web server and still no joy.  I get the same issue as above when using internal or external IP and the URL you provided so I don't think anything has changed?

I have been playing and thought it was an issue with IIS, but I can't understand why my files are accessible remotely in FM pro and GO, yet mirrorsync has an issue?

Just to ensure I'm not causing issues for something else - I have PHP disabled, IWP disabled (I have standard server) and XML enavled.  ODBC is also disabled.

Martin,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with MirrorSync. I have an idea for another test you can perform. From the machine you're having trouble with, open the browser and navigate to http://yourExternalHost.com/MirrorSync/sync

You should see a message that indicates MirrorSync is running.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Hi Will,

Many thanks for helping out.

Still no luck.

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

This feels like I'm missing something simple, and ultimately will make me feel stupid.

Cheers

This topic is 3992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.