Exporting the data to specific Pre-design Excel worksheet

This topic is 4009 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

This is my first time to have a post from HK, this is the problem:

I'm working a project about taxi claim, company have 400 employees and everyone have to claim for taxi allowance, so I need work with FMP to manage the data.

The problem is after I entry all the data, i.e:employee name, ID, date, explantion, etc..., then I would like to export the data not only just simple excel data format, can I link with one of the excel template and script it to fill up the data to the cell i want and export?

Also, can I have calculation to group up the same empolyee ID and  sum up the amount of each employee taxi expenses, then export to excel?

Thank you so much if someone can help me, I'm so frustrating on it

P.S: I'm using the FMP starter:Expenses

BRs,

William Chan

Welcome, William.

Targeting a specific worksheet and/or cells requires making use of the Excel API and the use of whatever scripting language can make use of that API.  FM can't do it natively but AppleScript can, so does VBscript / PowerShell on Windows.

There also are plugins around that can help if you don't want to spend the time learning that skill.  Check out Scribe from 360works for instance.

Best regards,

Wim

• Newbies

Thanks Wim!! Now I have a basic concept about that and i will focus on the plugin @ 360works

Hi Bruce, Thats exactly the point I want to say, you know, some of the admin in office they would like the excel format more "clear & Beauty" for there approval, and they must need a soft and hard copy for approval.

So after export the data to excel, I need to insert lots of the blank row and use pivot table to consolidate and send to my GREAT Admin.

I trying to use Marco to re-edit the format in excel.

William

This topic is 4009 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.