Java Update and plug-ins built using Scriptmaster Advanced

This topic is 3977 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

About two years ago, we generated a (Windows) plug-in - SelectFile -  using Scriptmaster Advanced 4.132 which included the Select File and Choose Folder() functions from the standard examples provided. This has worked entirely satisfactorily in our FMP 11 environment since then and allowed users to select and manage files on our networked servers with no issues. We've received notification of the newest release of Scripmaster 4.203.  The release information says that this is an important update and we should upgrade for compatibility with Java 7 v25. This morning I've downloaded the new version and rebuilt the plug-in again. It seems to work correctly, but the licenceKey value has changed which I wasn't anticipating.

Due to the legacy nature of our installation, our FMP11 Server Advanced hosts 95 separate databases and 10 of these include code which addresses the SelectFile plug-in. Since I don't know on a day to day basis which database our users will launch first, I have to include code to register the plug-in in each of the databases, which means to install the new plug-in I have to change the registration code in each database, or register the plugin on all of the 50-odd user machines.

The alternative would be to leave the old plug-in in place as it doesn't -seem- to break in the new version of Java.  Can anyone advise where the likely issues are with the latest Java version and how these might affect the workings of ScriptMaster and Groovy?  At some point in the next year or so we will be moving to FMP12 - will we still be able to use the earlier version of the plug-in or will we need to rebuild it anyway?

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Brian

This topic is 3977 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.