Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Validate whether or not Initial Sync Worked

This topic is 3942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Is there a way to tell if the initial sync was completed successfully?

The problem is, if a local copy of the file is not synced successfully on the opening script and the user goes ahead and makes changes to the file, when they do the first sync, all their data inserted in the local copy gets deleted.

I would like to check if the local copy is synced, and if it is not synced with the server, than not allow the user to add data? Is this possible?

Hello Jake,

The dialog box that appears when doing a sync will show the success or failure of a sync to the user. If I am understanding you correctly, you want the following things to happen:

User opens file, the first MirrorSync script is triggered with on open script. User makes changes, then completes a second sync. The problem occurs when your opening script did not complete correctly, not necessarily the second sync, correct?

The script will return either a 0 on success or a -1 on a failure. It will also set the MirrorSync::Status field. What you can do is check the MirrorSync Status field for either "Sync failed/aborted" or "Sync completed successfully." You could check this field after doing the opening script, and then write some logic with your own scripts to switch them to a layout that would warn them not to enter data and to try syncing again when they have connectivity. 

There may be other ways to accomplish this, but I do know it is possible. If you would like more information, or have more questions about how MirrorSync behaves, please let me know and I'd be happy to answer your questions. I would recommend downloading the demo (it's fully featured!) and try integrating it yourself.

If you run into any problems and would prefer us to take care of it for you, we can also look into your database and devise a solution through our consulting process-- if you are interested in this option, please let me know. 

Thank you!

This topic is 3942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.