WSM feature request: run scripts on the server

This topic is 3948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

All the scripts that retrieve information about a database run very slowly. I think performance could be improved greatly by running these scripts on the server. This is easy to do since a requirement of using WSM is having XML web publishing enabled on the server, which means you can easily trigger a script via a url.

I've attached a pdf of a group of a script steps that can be added to the beginning of any script you want to be run by the server. If the file is not hosted, then the script will run as usual on the client. If the file is hosted, it will attempt to perform the script on the server. If the server returns an error, then the script will still run on the client.

You will probably want to add more error capture steps after attempting to perform the script on the server. Currently, I assume XML web publishing is enabled and the server is reachable - so I don't trap for http errors. Also, if you want to make this FM11 compatible, you will need to use a web viewer instead of insert from url script step.

Run on Server.pdf

This topic is 3948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.