Help before I jump off a bridge

This topic is 3936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please help this poor sole out.  I am trying to do something so simple that I cant believe I cant figure it out.  I want to insert a file into a field but I don't want a file I just want the dialog to show me a directory on my PC.  I have setup a Global Variable called $$ImageLibrary but when I use the Add File and specify the location file:../Pictures/Cars/  it keeps giving me an error out saying it looking for a file or file does not exist.  I don't want a specific file, I want the directly.  Can I do this?  Any direction would be awesome.  Please email me at [email protected].  Thanks...

If you haven't jumped off a bridge yet, you might want to check out this demo file.  It is was discussed in an earlier post.   Here I've modified it to work on a PC too. 

PathPrefs.v2.fmp12.zip

Edit note: Changed filename to "v.2".

Edited by Matthew F
  • Like 1

• Newbies

Thanks everyone.  Looking at it now and yes, I'm still dry.  Thanks a bunch...

I have one more question.  I have a field that i store elevation with a UOM of Feet.  I have a calc field that displays meters.  Its does the convert *3048 and then & " Meters".  The issue is that darn comma.  Any direction on haw to do the calculation where if the length is <11 the calc will properly display the comma.  

Hi Lee,

Yes, it is slightly different.  The insert image button works on a PC as well as a Mac -- since mkoval's profile says Windows. 

Should I change the other post? 

Any direction on haw to do the calculation where if the length is <11 the calc will properly display the comma.  

If you're trying to format a number then, in Layout mode, select the field and check out the Inspector pane.  Under Format, choose "Decimal" and then you should have options to choose commas and periods as decimal or 3 digit separators according to your preference.  This may not show up if your calculated field type is set to "text". 

Yes, it is slightly different.  The insert image button works on a PC as well as a Mac -- since mkoval's profile says Windows. 

Ok, thanks for letting me know. In the future, could you please add a "mod" or version number so that I know.

TIA,

Lee

This topic is 3936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.