Checklist Values Autopopulate in Portal

Davisla58

This topic is 3930 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, I looked and could not find anything realitive within the forums and not seraching via google either.

I am also very new to FileMaker but have done a very large amount of research and study before starting my project so I do have a farily good understanding of the program.

Just to give a better idea: I have a layout for client information and then a checklist(which is on a different table, same table as the portal also on this layout). The idea was you could check off one of the values within the checklist, the value would then autopopulate within the portal: Set up via "Auto-complete using existing Values". Along with the account name of who checked it off as well as a time-stamp to better keep track of the records.

It was working great when I first set it up and was functioning how I wanted it to. However, I just went back to check and realized the portal is now only showing the first thing you check off. Example: I Click "Red", and Red will auto-poluate in the box set for values on the checklist, it will record the account name of user and timestamp. However now if I go to check off a second or thrid value it will not appear. I'm thinking I accidently made a change somewhere and now it is not working.

If someone would be willing to take a moment and just point me in the right direction with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Or if there is a releated topic to this that has already been answered and if someone knows where to find it and could tell me where to go look?

Thank you for your time.

This appears to be a problem with the relationship for the portal.  Can you make a clone of your file, add a few sample records, and zip it and post it here?

Sure, I have inculded a clone of the file below. I'm not sure if it will open on the main page, the layout I am having problems with will be call "LCCLay". On the right hand side of the layout you'll see a checklist. The portal is on the second tab on this layout (Please excuse how messy some of it looks as I tried to remake the enitre section). I just want it to where if you click a value in the checklist you would be able to go over to the portal and just keep track of who clicked on what, so idealy the value that was clicked on will appear in the first field, and two other fields are set up to auto-enter account name and time-stamp. The values will auto-enter in the "tasks" section, but I want one value per portal row and as of right now if you check off several of the options they will all appear in the "task" field.

Examlpe: If John clicks "offer sent" the portal will tell you that John clicked that value along with date.

If Jane clicks "Confirm Cloesing" the portal will tell you that Jane clicked on it with the date.

I have been trying lots of different options, so if it seems set up oddly right now, it probably is and apologies. I was experimenting with the calcuation "GetValue", but I am still very new to calculations and scripting as I have just reached these sections in the FileMaker training series, so beyond making full names with calculations I'm slightly useless at the moment.

I would really appreciate if someone can just point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

P.S. Forgot to add, if the Clone prompts for a log-in, please just enter "Admin" and no password.

FMCloneDoc.zip

This topic is 3930 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.