Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SMTP email with note

chr1shardcastle

This topic is 3923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've set up a few buttons than run scripts to send emails out with pdf invoices attached. All is working fine and as expected but I'd like to include an option to add a personal note to the email. Currently I've got it set up so that you click the button to send the email, the script runs and then a window pops up to ask if you're sure you want to send the email.

I've got the email message populated with data from the invoice but there are times when I'd like to add a note to my standard message. I'm using gmail and couldn't get Filemaker to open gmail in a browser to send the mail so opted for the SMTP route. The problem is that you never see your email, it all happens in the background.

What I'd like to be able to achieve is to click my 'Send' button in Filemaker and then for my 'are you sure' pop up to include a box you can input an additional message into the body of the email.

No idea how to go about it though! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

post-98164-0-11172800-1375887308_thumb.p

post-98164-0-77625400-1375887317_thumb.p

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "Email".

The general topic areas are reserved for the discussion of the new tools, functions, and features that were introduced with that version of FileMaker, not for asking how-to questions.

If you have any questions about this action, please contact me by Private Message.

Lee

You could create a global that you fill out with your personal message, and calculate the field contents into your body text. 

You can of course use the input fields of a dialog, but whatever you enter there needs to be committed first. Since you can't save the input to a variable, this also requires a field – which on layout probably is easier to read and edit.

This topic is 3923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.