Scribe 64-bit plug-in causes critical error and terminates FMP 11

This topic is 3906 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Watch what happens when I try to enable the 64-bit Scribe plug-in:

http://screenr.com/b9KH

My system specs are:

• Windows 7, home edition, 64-bit
  • Service Pack 1
  • Cisco VPN
  • Filemaker Pro 11.0v3

Side note: when I attempt to enable the webassistant plug-in, the same thing happens -- instant termination of Filemaker Pro.

If anyone has any ideas ho0w to fix this, please email me.  Thanks! 

Hi Ryan,

Which versions of the 360 Works plugins are you using? It looks like you are experiencing the compatibility issue with Java 7 update 25 that we fixed in a recent release. Can you try updating ALL 360 Works plugins on your machine and seeing if that fixes the error?

Do you need the 64-bit plugin? FM Pro is a 32-bit app.

Thanks for the reply. My system is 64-bit, and I assumed that I needed the 64-bit plug-ins.  But I'm a little confused is filemaker Pro v11 not 64-bit compatible (but fmp v12 IS 64-bit compatibile)?  If not, why are there 64-bit versions of the 360Works plug-ins?  

Hi Ryan,

Which versions of the 360 Works plugins are you using? It looks like you are experiencing the compatibility issue with Java 7 update 25 that we fixed in a recent release. Can you try updating ALL 360 Works plugins on your machine and seeing if that fixes the error?

Joe, thanks.  I'll remove all of the 360Works plug-ins and try running FMP again.  There is a chance that all of this is unrelated to the plug-ins, but a conflict with other software newly added, etc.

Ryan

What I recently was told:

FileMaker Pro is 32-bit (that I knew).

FileMaker Server is 64-bit (which I knew).

FileMaker Server only needs 64-bit versions of the plugins for Custom Web Publishing.  Because FM Pro is 32-bit and that is what it uses, even though Server is running on a 64-bit machine.

• 3 weeks later...

What I recently was told:

FileMaker Pro is 32-bit (that I knew).

FileMaker Server is 64-bit (which I knew).

FileMaker Server only needs 64-bit versions of the plugins for Custom Web Publishing.  Because FM Pro is 32-bit and that is what it uses, even though Server is running on a 64-bit machine.

Sorry this has taken me so long to get back with the result, but I finally narrowed it down to a plug-in (360Works_ScriptMaster) when I drop it into my extensions folder the result is whenever I launch Filemaker Pro 11 (client), the program launches but then when I click almost anything on the interface, FMP dies.  Problem solved by removing  that plug-in.

Since I no longer have that plug-in, can anyone recommend an alternative 360 (or other) utility to login to an eLearning website, scrape the front-end or copy the HTML back-end , parse the html out (but replacing html coding such as <strong>, <em>, <ul><li>, with the actual bold, italics, etc. styles so everything is preserved)?  Subsequently, the content will then be edited by lay people (faculty) then re-uploaded.

I'm going from Moodle to Filemaker Pro, then back to Moodle again in the ongoing development and maintenance of higher-ed online course pages.

Thanks for all of the help!

I have a feeling something else is going on. So I'll leave the diagnostics to the 360 Works guys to answer.  We have been using ScriptMaster with FM 11 for years with no issues.

This topic is 3906 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.