Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3919 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am changing the Document Management system for a large FileMaker-based system I have been developing and maintaining for the past six years.  The documents are currently stored on a network share.  I am moving them to a different network share, but this will be on a separate server from our FileMaker Server (Advanced 12).

I have successfully installed SuperContainer on the FMS machine.  I changed the web.xml file to point to the network share, so the XML node now reads:

<context-param>
        <param-name>windowsFilesPath</param-name>
        <param-value>fas3140-m3-1a-cifsap_fmp$SuperContainerFiles</param-value>
        <description>This is where the files will be stored when running on the Windows platform.</description>
    </context-param>

Do I also need to include our network account/password that we use to access this share?  I saw nodes for simpleAuthUsername and simpleAuthPassword further down the document.

Perhaps it's just the un/pw that is missing and needed.  Ideas??

Thank you!

Two things come to mind. One is there are two locations for the XML file and as I understand it both need to be changed.  Second, In my history I have had to previously mount/connect to the server before the custom location could be used.  I don't believe you could add the different server user and password in the url.  That could be a serious security problem, 

Here is a typical path to the one that I always forget. (Windows 7)

"C:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker ServerWeb Publishingpublishing-enginecwpe-tomcatbinSuperContainerWEB-INFweb.xml"

Thanks, dbail.

I modified the web.xml file in the path similar to the one you posted.  I'm on Windows Server 2008, so my path was:

C:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker ServerWeb Publishingpublishing-enginejwpc-tomcatSuperContainerWEB-INF

Where is the other file?  I only saw this one listed in the 360works documentation for SuperContainer.

As far as mounting the share drive, it was mapped to the z-drive.  So I wonder if I should use a local path, instead of a network path.

So instead of:  fas3140-m3-1a-cifsap_fmp$SuperContainerFiles

I wonder if I should use:  z:SuperContainerFiles

Of course now SuperContainer is not even loading...ugh...

Okay, figured it out on Friday night with some trial and error.  I guess on Windows Server 2008, you have to put the custom path in the vistaFilePath node, not the windowsFilePath node.  Once I put it there, the files began saving to the correct location.  Got everything up and running nice and smoothly.

This topic is 3919 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.