Server Maintenance This Week. ×

keyboard shortcut

dysong3

This topic is 3903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FileMaker Pro 12 introduced a new keyboard shortcut.  When the cursor is in a field and you type "cmd <" on a Mac with a Swiss French keyboard, the font size of the field drops by a point and when the cursor is not in a field, nothing happens.  Unfortunately I have been using the same keyboard shortcut for a about 30 years to toggle between windows within the same application.  Would anyone know how to deactivate "cmd <" in Filemaker or know how to redefine it? 

Not sure I know the answer to your question... But here are some thoughts.

When you are in the Finder, what is the keyboard shortcut that is displayed on the menu bar for Window > Cycle Through Windows ?   On a U.S. English keyboard, it shows CMD `.      This cycles through windows on Filemaker, even though it doesn't show up as a menu command.  Perhaps you can use this shortcut on your Swiss French keyboard.

On a Mac you can remap keyboard shortcuts on most applications using System Preferences... Keboard > Keyboard Shortcuts.  However, to remap keyboard shortcuts for Filemaker you need to use the Custom Menus functions of FM Pro Advanced.

• Like 1

Thanks for your suggestion.  I finally opted to change the general shortcut for toggling between windows within any given app by changing the shortcut in System Preferences.

This topic is 3903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.