Plastic fails to load on FMS

This topic is 3866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I'm new to using the Plastic plugin under FMS. I placed it in the specified /library/filemaker server/database server/extensions folder, but it kept showing up as Not Loaded. I thought it might be a permissions problem, so I changed the owner, group, and permissions as follows:

Owner: fmserver

Group: fmsadmin

Permissions: RWX,R-X,R-X. 

When I did this, the plugin disappeared form the list of server plugins altogether. I have tried stopping and starting FMS, reinstalling the plugin (including re-downloading it), reverting the permissions back to how they were at the beginning - but under no circumstances will the plugin show up in the server plugins list. 

FMS 12.0.4, Mac OS X Server 10.8.2, Latest download of Plastic plugin. 

Thanks,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

Which version of Java do you have on your server machine? 360Works plugins require a 32-bit Java to load properly, but FileMaker Server 12 only installs a 64-bit Java on Mac OS X machines by default. Most of the time you have to manually install an update to Java SE 6 from Apple to get it back on Mac OS X.

Another possibility is the plist file that holds the list of plugins to show in the Admin Console could be corrupted. The only way I know to restore this file is to reinstall FileMaker Server. If you try this option, make sure you delete the FileMaker Server folder after uninstalling and before reinstalling. The plist file is hidden inside of that directory. 

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I'm facing problem in 360Works RemoteScripter plug-in installation in IWP.

I'm using FileMaker Server 12 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) computer. I'm using Java 7 update 25 (Java 1.7.0_25-b17). 

The 360Works RemoteScripter plug-in is showing in the list of plug-ins in the Admin Console > Configuration > Database Server > Server Plug-ins tab. But the Enable check box for the plug-in is not remaining checked after I click "Save" button and navigate to other tabs and again come back to the same tab.

Please help!

Thanks
Stiti

Hi Stiti,

I believe we resolved this issue in a tech support email, but if this is a different issue:

For use with IWP, you should only need to install 360Works RemoteScripter inside "/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins/" and restart the Web Publishing Engine. You may need to create the "Plugins" folder. Enabling the plugin through the Admin Console > Database Server is not necessary unless you want to use RemoteScripter with server-side scripts.

Usually when a 360Works plugin does not remain enabled under Admin Console > Database Server, reinstalling FileMaker Server will resolve the issue. It is also possible Java is corrupted in some way, so reinstalling java could fix the problem.

The customers I've dealt with who had this problem before reinstalled FMS to fix it. Deleting the "FileMaker Server" folder after uninstalling and before reinstalling seemed to make the difference because it deleted some hidden preference files. Is this an option for you? Could you try this and let me know if it works?

This topic is 3866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.