Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker hangs when sending mail from Mail.app client

nscheffey

This topic is 3877 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all-

I am experiencing an issue with some users where FM 11.04 beachballs when attempting to open a new email in Mail.app on OS X 10.6.8. The email eventually opens after 2-3 mins, but the To/CC information is missing. This happens sporadically to some users and then goes away, only to appear later for another user.

Any ideas?

Hi nscheffey,

I moved your topic from "Managing Scripts" to "Email". because if involves the Email Function.

This sounds like it could be a couple of things, but we need some additional information.

Is the file being served?

Has the file(s) ever been improperly closed by crashing?

Have you ever fixed permissions on the machine(s)?

Since you say the script works, it probably isn't it, but why not post a copy of your file or the script?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lee, apologies for the delayed reply.

Yes, the file is being served. The file is several years old so it has probably been improperly closed before, but it has not been recovered. I repaired permissions on the client machine but it still happens.

Even a single line "Send Email" script will cause this issue, and it appears to be client specific. I am going to try upgrading them from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion and see what happens.

Thanks.

File problems have been around for ever. You may not think you have a corrupt file, but  you do have a file not acting the way you intended. This my friend sounds like a Corrupted file. If the file has improper closing, the effects are not always evident, i.e. it doesn't tell you that it needs to be Recovery. However, it still can be a time bomb ready to fail. 

Get past the Title, and read he article.

The things suggested should be tried on your file before declaring it a corrupted file.

Here is another Article on this problem Dealing with Damaged FileMaker Files

And, a search of Google for your keywords may also render several suggestions?

Lee

Edited by Lee Smith
Change the wording and added a link and some suggestkons

This topic is 3877 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.