Keeping fonts constant

fed

This topic is 3893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm sorry for asking this question, as I know it is in the help section somewhere. I just cannot seem to find it.

How do I set up a field so that's when I enter data into it, it always goes back to the font I use in my database? Currently, if I paste something with a different font, the fonts that was pasted remains. I want the font to resort to the default of the program.

Thank you very much for your help, 

Fed

Text field? Use the options for the field, 

Go to the "Calculated Value" click on Specify

Use this calculation "TextFormatRemove ( Self )"

Click on Okey

Deselect "Do not replace existing value of field (if any)

Click Ok

This will work for all new entries. If you have existing data now, let me know.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

I do have existing data - not a big deal.

But I thought there was a setting somewhere to do that.  "Synchronize input method with font on field entry"  doesn't seem to work.  

There is no such setting. that I'm aware of. However, there are some native FileMaker text functions, and some Custom Functions that you can use to control this stuff.

So, besides the key combination and calculation mentioned, read about the other native text functions available in FileMaker, they are your friend.

I often combine one or more of the native function along with a custom functions in order to control the style in the fields.

Read about the Text Functions available in FileMaker, and check out the Custom Functions at Brian Dunning's Site. including  the one called Trim4, by Ray J. Cologon.

HTH

Lee

p.s., you can change the existing text style by using a scrip, or changing the field temporarily to a field type of calcultion and then changing it back text using the "self" calculation I posted.

Edited by Lee Smith
p.s.

This topic is 3893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.