FM Server 10 Server Side Script will not Export Records

This topic is 3836 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I've been trying to create a server side script that will run daily on a windows 2003 server using Filemaker server 10. The script is suppose to export it to an excel file. (I then what it to be emailed to me, but one thing at a time). It never saves to the file location on the server, i've tried every "filewin" combination I could think of. Doing some research and tried a $variable and still cannot get it to save on the server. Is there a windows settings that may be preventing filemaker server from saving to a location? Script picture attached.

post-93284-0-14321700-1380232560_thumb.j

I have a recollection that we ran into a similar problem when trying to run a script which included a file export on the server. We discovered that we could export text based file formats such as txt, csv, mer or xml, but when we ran exports for xls or fp7 the file didn't get saved.  (At the time we were trying to extract data from Filemaker repeating fields - in the end we had to use the merge file option as FP7 exports didn't work)

Try outputting your file as csv rather than xls - you should still be able to open this file directly in Excel.

HTH

Brian

This topic is 3836 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.