Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Setting up Super Container on a remote network volume

This topic is 3859 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am at my wits end.  I've searched all the other topics, and nothing that has been mentioned seems to work for me.

1. I have two FMP Servers that have super-container installed, and I want them both to point to a network drive volume.  Currently they each point to a hard drive on their respective server machines.

2. I tested having our development server point to a drive on another server by editing the web.xml file by adding the following:

<context-param>
<param-name>windowsFilesPath</param-name>
<param-value>CABLBFMP01$eSuperContainerFiles</param-value>
<description>This is where the files will be stored when running on the Windows platform.</description>
</context-param>

<context-param>
<param-name>vistaFilesPath</param-name>
<param-value>CABLBFMP01$eSuperContainerFiles</param-value>
<description>This is where the files will be stored when running on the Windows Vista and Windows 7 platform.</description>
</context-param>

All I got were error 500s.

Reading up on the documentation and the "word on the net", I went through following attempts to troubleshoot/fix it:

1. Made sure I could access server B from server A via windows explorer.  [check]

2. Made sure I could copy files from server A to server B via windows explorer.  [check]

3. Attempted to use SuperContainer via FMP - [error 500]

4. Added user account on server B that was also being used on server A to the group with full access to the folder and tried again [error 500]

5. Changed the CABLBFMP01 to use its ip address instead.  [error 500]

6. Decided to shut down everything, and switch over the FMP Server service from 'System' to the same user account that had full access privileges to the remote network volume folder.

7. Attempted to use SuperContainer via FMP - [no ERROR!  However, files were not saved on the remote volume defined in web.xml.  Instead they were automatically saved to a SuperContainer 'Users' account]

8. Mapped the network drive to a local drive volume and changed parameters to "Z:SuperContainerFiles".  [same results as 7, files saved to local SuperContainer Users accont]

I am using the latest version of SuperContainer.

Why is SuperContainer:
a) Ignoring the fact that the server has access to the remote network volume.
B) Ignoring the settings in the web.xml file
c) Automatically creating a local SuperContainer 'Users' file instead of returning an error message?

I thought it might be because FMServer was on the other machine and was pointing at  the same folder.  But I got the same errors when I created a new folder called "SC" that was parallel to "SuperContainer" on the same remote volume which I knew for sure was not being accessed or used.

I'm going in circles now.

Both servers are using Windows Server 2008 R2.

Help!

Thanks.

Chris

This topic is 3859 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.