saving PDF on my server

Koen

This topic is 3865 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

At the moment I have a nice FM file running on my little MacMini server.

When i want to connect to it using the sharing function from a different computer, I want to use the script to create a pdf from a layout. Storing it in a special folder on th server.

When I tested it on the local machine I used the save string : file:<directory>/<filename.pdf>

And that works good.

But how do I do it when I want to save the pdf on the server itself.

I read something that i had to use a string like : fmnet:<IP>/<directory>/<filename.pdf>

But when I do that I get a message :

"document.pdf” could not be created on this disk.  Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Koen

The Save Records as PDF script step uses the syntax:  filemac:/volumeName/directoryName/fileName.

VolumeName is the name of the hard disk of the remote server, as it shows up on the left side bar of your Finder window. This will save a PDF to the server, but only if you have first mounted it as a Shared disk on the client machine. On a Mac you do this with the Connect to Server dialogue using AFP or SMB. 

The fmnet:... syntax that you mentioned is for sharing data from another Filemaker app running on the network (i.e. with the Edit Data Source command), not for saving files to disk. 

This topic is 3865 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.