Server Maintenance This Week. ×

64 bit Java Problem

This topic is 3828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I had to replace a PC running windows 7 and Filemaker Server 12 Advanced.  The new dell would not install a 32 bit version of Windows 7 without huge driver problems.  Re-install of all software went find after installing Windows 7.  Once I installed Java(32bit) and tried to view a set of images remotely a problem occurred where I set the base URL.  The routine returned an error saying it could not locate the proper location.  I removed the 32 bit version of Java and installed the 64bit version and the problem was solved.  Now I attempt to run Filemaker Pro on that server and I get an immediate error from Filemaker saying that at least Java 1.5 needs to be installed before use.

Does this mean I have to have both the 64bit and 32bit versions of Java on the same PC/Server?  Some Supercontainer calls such as Scan Directory only work with local directories so I need to use Filemaker Pro on that same PC running as a server to scan the directory.

??

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

All 360Works plugins require 32-bit Java to run, so when you try to start FileMaker Pro with the SuperContainer Companion plugin installed, the error message you are seeing is because the plugin cannot locate a 32-bit Java Runtime Environment. You can have both 64-bit and 32-bit Java installed to a machine at the same time, so I recommend trying the system with both installed to see if that fixes the problem.

This topic is 3828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.