Scroll bar for read only textbox

This topic is 3788 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to show vertical scroll bar in text box.This text box is ready only mean Enter browse mode is not mark.How to perform this .

When I mark Include vertical scroll bar->if this text box is not read only then its shows scroll bar if I select it as ready only then nothing is happen.

Field entry and "read only" are two different things. Users must be allowed to enter the field in order to scroll. If you don't want them to modify the field, use other measures - e.g. field options ("Prohibit modification…"), user privileges and/or script triggers - all depending on the reason for the restriction.

• Like 1

If you have turned off field entry then it means the Users won't need to modify the field.  In that case, I would be inclined to use a web viewer.  Place a web viewer on your layout.  Uncheck everything except leave checked 'allow interaction' so you get the scroll.  Remove everything and put instead:

"data:text/html,"

&

GetAsCss ( yourTable::yourField )

But you will still want to control prohibit of the field values using privileges in case a User ends up with access to the field from other layouts or relationships.  Only through privileges can you offer total protection.

• Like 1

This topic is 3788 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.