Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with replace information in find box

lesterd

This topic is 3822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a button that performs a find request. Everything works fine. The problem arises when the person requesting the information does not click the button to do a new find and just types dat in the field and replaces the found data with the new typed information.

Say for example the person clicks the button to start a find. The find request is to find all the people who are 12. They get the results. NOW they want to find all the 11s. Instead of clicking the button to start a new find, the person enters an 11 in the box and changes the 12 record to 11. How do I make sure they cannot enter data in the field without clicking the find button first?

Thanks

Perhaps you should deny entry to the field/s in Browse mode. It's not quite clear if you don't want them to modify the data at all (which should be handled by user privileges) or just not modify it by mistake.

Another thing that might help is giving them strong visual cues regarding the mode - such as having a dedicated layout for entering find criteria, or at least using conditional formatting based on window mode (this last one assumes you are not using version 6, as your profile indicates).

Perhaps you should deny entry to the field/s in Browse mode. It's not quite clear if you don't want them to modify the data at all (which should be handled by user privileges) or just not modify it by mistake.

Another thing that might help is giving them strong visual cues regarding the mode - such as having a dedicated layout for entering find criteria, or at least using conditional formatting based on window mode (this last one assumes you are not using version 6, as your profile indicates).

I do not want the user to modify the data, but I want them to be able to find the data. 

This topic is 3822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.