Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with shared database

This topic is 3802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

French user of FM 12 I try for the first time to share a database between two computers on the same local network. My problem is to make a compressed archive of datas at the end of a session. I join my script but it's in French...

As it's the first time I don't understand the following difference

From the machine server: the step of script " Export recordings [" le_sav "] presents well the available filds and the choice made of exported one (all for me) as on this screenshot; this choice is memorized between two moments of use...

export_machine_serveur.png
Since the machine customer: the same step of script does not memorize any more the defined choice, but asks to define it every time.
export_machine_cliente.png
Here the server was Mac, the clien PC but the opposite is similar.

My day questioning will  be:

1. is this behavior normal and explain it for the beginner I am!
  2. May I envisage a saving from the client post towards the server post ?
  3. Other proposal?

Thank you for your audience on a subject which is new for me!

Noël

script_export.pdf

Open the script and define the export order in the script step. When you run the script, it will start with the export order you've defined. It won't retain any changes you make while running the script.

Hello !

First thanks for your answer.

Now I think I've done what was possible :

1. on the server machine : I let the line Export [$le_sav"] without checking "without window" ; so I had to fix for every table the fields I exported. It was OK forever
  2. on the client machine I must redefine that and it is not memorized

But perhaps I don't understand what you mean.. Give me some details please !

Noël

It should not matter whether the client or host computer is running the script -- any modification of the export order that you make while the script is running is not retained. If you're saying the host machine does retain export modifications, that is news to me. Does the modification survive a restart of the database (close / open the file)?

It is possible for a client machine to do an export, and then create its own script to save that export order. Perhaps you should put the export script step in its own script so that you can more easily separate the logic from the main controller script.

This topic is 3802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.