Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Closing a session

This topic is 3801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

... euh... what are you looking for here?  An FMP session, a Go session, a WebDirect session, an xDBC session, a CWP session, a script schedule session?

And whose session (running the script you have in mind) would be able to to close other user/instance's session?

Thank you Wim.  At Mark Richman session on networking he talked about how scripts can hang and we can't end them.  This was this summer.  He seemed to think it was very important because otherwise we can get stuck somehow.  I put three asterisks next to it and underlined it in red "we can't close a session by script" and I think it means if we run a server-side script.  I think.  That we can't time it out?

I just knew it was critical to find out about and that I would need to know it when we purchase server.  Maybe it is only when trying to debug because I read we can't debug server scripts either.

A server-side script schedule can be set up to force abort after a specified amount of time.  That was new in FMS12.

Also new in 12 was that you can restart the SASE part of FMS from the command line, sort of like a "force quit".

SASE = Server Assisted Script Execution/

I believe you can also disconnect the offending client running the script.

Yes you can. I've been writing a lot of scripts that run on the server lately and this came in handy when I accidentally created a script with an endless loop and ran it on the server.

To debug scripts run by FileMaker Server, implement error tracking and logging in that script.

• Like 1

This topic is 3801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.