Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Document format error in 13?

LaRetta

This topic is 3801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am frequently opening 11, 12 and 13 because of various projects and tests.  I am getting an error that I am unsure how to resolve.  OSX 10.9 rMBP 11.0v4, 12.0v5 and 13.  

I sometimes WANT to open in FMPA12.0v5 instead of 13 so I specifically select 12 in 'Open With'.  I even make sure all other 12/13 files are closed (although with Mac I find it more difficult to tell) but I get the Error1 message (attached).  When I select 'change port', error2 windows appear - the first showing the port but immediately greys out and the second message appears on top.

Googling shows http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7669/~/mac-os-x%3A-error-message-when-launching-a-filemaker-file-via-drag-and-drop-or.  The KB article doesn't quite fit this situation since 1) I am using 'Open With' and 2) I have been using this Mac with prior versions and never received this message.  I DID install FMS13 also but this is a local file.  Once I close it and try again, using Open With, it opens fine.  

I suspect its because of 13 since that is the only change I've made recently (I DID change laptops but I used Time Machine for full migration).  I could use some direction please.  :-)

ADDED:  This file I'm opening locally does not have IWP enabled.

post-59345-0-00560200-1386205458_thumb.p

post-59345-0-54300800-1386205472_thumb.p

Edited by LaRetta

Similar issue... I was building in FMPA12, a separated model DB (one for data/one for interface)... Everything was working fine between FMPA12 and FMGo12. Installed FMPGo13 and it worked fine with FMPA12.

Since I wanted to play with FMP13 before I upgraded, I decided to download the trial. I accidentally downloaded the FMPServer 13 trial, instead of the FMP13 trial. Anyway, now both are installed (trial versions). I turned server off because it would only let me open 1 DB, but was still getting port errors and the document error. After turning off the server, I got an error saying that another user on the computer was sharing with FMP13 and I was unable to share. My wife also has an account on the computer, so I switched over to her log in, opened FMP13 trial in her name and it showed it was sharing. I turned off sharing on her account and switched back over to mine. Everything is working fine now, with the FMP13 trial and DBs I created in FMPA12. Maybe this will help you (since it wasn't actually a port issue)?

BTW, I am on a MacBook with Mavericks.

This topic is 3801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.