Server Maintenance This Week. ×

code 3 of 9 revisited

No_access

This topic is 3799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I read the article by Excelisys @ "http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/90240-generate-code-39-barcodes-without-the-need-for-fonts-or-plug-ins/?p=414157"  on barcodes using a repeating field and wanted to do the same thing with html and a web viewer instead of a repeating field,

so with the use of some of his code and a little guidance from comment, the attached file is what I came up with, please let me know your thoughts or ideas or if I missed something please let me know... 

thanks

HTMLCODE39.zip

Have you tried printing in smaller sizes? Web viewers are fine as long as you're not trying to print fine detail. The thinner lines on a printed barcode are routinely smaller than 1 point, but web viewers print with some unfortunate rasterization artifacts that can make a barcode unscannable. I did a preliminary test printing a curved object from a web viewer in FileMaker 13 which seemed to show that web viewers in 13 printed more smoothly, but that turned out to only be the case on my Mac. Printing web viewers in Windows and iOS still results in rasterization artifacts.

I have not tried all sizes, I did try it around the size of 12pt  text which works for my needs and had no problems. and it looked fine under a magnifier as well . my scanner is a

wasp  wws-800 c.   Personally I use a barcode font. but I do like the idea of not having to always remember to install the font on every machine  or if I want to make a public/freeware solution I would not want to have to use a font.. I also like the idea of having more than one way to do something which is why I wanted to play with this.

Thanks

This topic is 3799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.