Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMGO13 - Slide transition effect when switching between layouts?

This topic is 3794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The new slide transition effects when switching between records and multi-panels brings us a giant step closer to producing a solution that looks and feels much closer to native apps. One thing that appears to still be missing is a sliding effect when switching between layouts.

Has anyone figured out a way to achieve this? I am assuming that it's not currently possible because of performance issues?

I think you're correct that this is not currently possible.  In cases where two layouts are tied to the same context and found set, then one possibility would be to combine them into one layout covered by a large slide-panel control and use scripted (with animations "on"), rather than swipe-based, navigation between them.  Not possible, of course, for layouts based on different contexts.

I suspect that in choosing to offer the new "Set Script Animation" as a separate script step, rather than just include an "Animation: On/Off" option with the Go To Object script step, suggests that more animations may be coming in the future.  Just a guess.

Absolutely agree that slide panels, along with popovers, keyboard options, and the ability to switch layouts (or do other things) on device rotation, all team up to allow for a much more native-app-like experience.  Exciting times!

Mark

• Like 1

On FMGO 2 finger swipe will switch between records with animation.

On desktop, there is no animation.

However, if you want animation, you could look at a plugin. I know that there is at least one or two plugins that can do animation. (or at least, there used to be) Though be aware that it is most likely to find such feature on MAC platform, since Apple has quicktime and core graphics frameworks, that do the "hard" work.

…sorry…. didn't read your post properly…. no, there is no ability to do animated switch between layouts.

Depending on your solution, you could consider placing content in a slide control and this way achieve it this way.

This topic is 3794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.