Hover behavior on non-enterable fields

This topic is 3780 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Request clarification:

In FMP Advanced 13, when I set a different style for an object when it is in "hover" state, the style is only applied if the object is *enterable in browse mode.*  (To be clear, I am not referring to OnHover script trigger or any other sort of script triggering, just FMP's native "hover" style state.)

If "Field Entry" -- Browse Mode check box is not checked (i.e. the field is not enterable,) when I mouse-hover over the object nothing happens.

Maybe this is how it's always been and I just didn't know it.

It's problematic for me because I want to use a container field (with custom icon stored in it) as a button, and I want the button to "highlight" on hover, but I can only do this if the field is enterable in browse mode, which risks the user accidentally overwriting the icon with randomly-dragged information from elsewhere.

Hover depends upon whether a script is attached.  I tested container and turned off entry and attached any script and it works.  If it still doesn't work for you, can you attach a small example or explain more for us?   :-)

• Like 1

When I attach a script (i.e. via a Button definition) to a Container field marked non-enterable in Browse/Find  mode, the hover style definition now animates & appears as expected.

I think I was trying to do something non-sensical, which is ask Filemaker to "hover highlight" an object that doesn't *do* anything. (I.e. to highlight an object that is non-enterable and that has no triggers, buttons, etc. associated with it.)

This topic can be moved or deleted as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for letting us know what was going on.

This topic can be moved or deleted as far as I'm concerned.

This is a learning Forum, and as such, we don’t delete Threads. This way, others  experiencing similar problems can benefit from your information.

Lee

This topic is 3780 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.