Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Safari can't find 160001?

Charity

This topic is 3791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

New to this.  Installed FMS13 on mom's MacBook to test.  It asked if I wanted to call it fmserver or whether I wanted to put a user and password.  I tried putting my mom's name and password but it said that was not valid so I selected the 'fmserver'.  It continued and installed it fine then asked if I wanted to deploy.  Well, I guess I do so I say yes.

Then Safari opens and the title bar says and Safari says it could not find 16001.  I try to go back but there is no way out to stop the installation at that point.  Every button which said BACK or CANCEL took me to another screen where I could not get out.  I finally had to force quit.

I went through all Safari settings and see nothing which should matter.  I do not even know how to find the Services (like on Windows).  I had played with FMS12 on Windows at work but I do not know how to fix this or where to look even.  Where are ports on Mac?  Where is my Admin Console?  It took me quite some time to even find FMS13.  It sticks it way away from applications.  But there is not single EXE file and I do not know its equivalent but I see nothing which I could choose to 'run' FMS.

I would sure appreciate some assistance.

you need to start over...

you should uninstall the server from with the installer then restart.

delete the folder FileMaker server from the Library folder

make sure web sharing is turned off in your sharing control panel

run the installer again

when you install you should let it use the default username fmserver ( this is not an account that you interact with ) but this account is used for the server to properly set permissions for all folders.

never use the browser back button during setup. since you are on a laptop the buttons are below you need to scroll to see them.

FMS 13 eliminated any java webstart console - you must use the BROWSER interface or the command line interface (terminal)

were you able to read the QuickStart Guide or the Help Guide?

I am in and I have put up a file and the only thing I do not understand now is how to use my browser to now 'open that file through web direct'.  I set the file  to WebDirect and it is open and active.  How do I find out my address or ip or whatever that is called?  Network just worked but not this.  I am almost there and this is very fun.  I was going to ask big boss for reimbursement where I bought FM server but now I may not.  I would almost pay for this much fun.   :laugh2:

Oh and THANK YOU THANK YOU very much

I am still stuck on what to put in Safari to open my file in web direct.  It is served and set as web direct.  Now from my boss's desk at work on windows system, I open safari and type what?  I think I put something like this 

http://<IP address>:<Port number>/fmi/webd#<database name>&lay=<layout name>

but that is guess.  So where is ip on Mac?  Where is port number on Mac?  What is 'webd#'?  Other than that, I've got it!  BTW, I read everything and still don't understand this part.  Sorry to be a dunce.

I got it!  But it wasn't in anything I read so I will tell you here for anyone else who is dumb as me about this stuff.

You can go to Networking Utility to get the IP.  Then I type into Safari this

http://myIP/fmi/webd#fileNameIncluding.FMP12&lay=layoutName&viewstyle=form&record=1&mode=browse 

Whew!  The only strange thing is that at first it said something about 16000 but then now it says 16001.  But it works and I appear in server in the WebDirect column and I can see my file so I am beyond happy.

It messed up my paste so I put it in a code thing. I hope that works.

This topic is 3791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.