fredo22

This topic is 3806 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a file that displays thumbnail images in a grid (7 portals wide x 4 records). This displays the first 28 images that meet the portal criteria.  In some cases there are more than 28 images that fit the criteria... and I'm hoping that I can use slide controls to allow the user (on FM GO) to swipe to the second slide control panel to see the NEXT 28 images that meet the portal criteria, etc.

I pasted my "7 column" portal in the first panel of the slide control. (each of the 7 are the same portal, but starting at  a different record number - ie. first column starts at record 1 and displays 4 records, the next columns start at record 5, 9, 13, etc.)

My strategy was to duplicate the slide control panel, and make the first column on the Second Panel start on record 29 etc, such that the second panel would display the NEXT 28 records.

My problem is that when I paste my portals into the FIRST slide control panel, they also automatically appear in the subsequent panels.  That would be fine if I could change the "start portal at Record # X" in the other panels... but any change I make to ANY of the portals is reflected in the other panels... 

If I add just text / shapes etc to slide controls, they work fine.  ie.  a Square and some text in Panel 1, a Circle and some text in panel 2, and the slide control works exactly as advertised.

Any ideas as to why portals in a slide control would behave like this?? I bought FM 13 expressly for this purpose :-(

I suggest you post your file or an example. It sounds like you portal isn't sized properly and does not fit within the bounds of the "sliding" part of the panel.

My problem is that when I paste my portals into the FIRST slide control panel, they also automatically appear in the subsequent panels. 

In addition to the suggestion from Bruce, it would help if we knew your OS.  Could you update your Profile to update your OS and FM version please?  

I cannot replicate your issue in Maverick.  Whenever I get stuck (at least usually, LOL), I create a test file to see if I can replicate. Please see attached file which works for me.  Does it work for you?

If yes and the portal has been placed originally well within the slide control then I suspect that you have the wrong table occurrence or field name (based upon the wrong table occurrence) within the portal which would only display the first record.  It is a common error with portals.

Spirits up ... your move to 13 was a good one.  :-)

Also make sure that the field is completely within the portal.  You could very-well be experiencing the touchy nature of 12/13 where objects in a portal row are not identified.  If seen instead as outside the portal, you would only see the first related record.  If this is the case, drag the field out of the portal and drag it back in.

pictures.fmp12.zip

This topic is 3806 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.