Server Maintenance This Week. ×

printing script help

baweld123

This topic is 3783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello all,

i was wondering if anybody could help me ? I am getting better at filemaker but scripts still leave me cold! .

I have a certificate database that has 5 different certificates. In the layout the fields for each certificate are set by value list ( Pass, Fail Na). At the moment i have the following script but this just prints all the certificates which is fine if all passed. But it creates a lot of work if different people pass different subjects so they don't get that certificate . is there any way i can script this so that they only print  if they pass.

Thanks

the script i have made is an attachment (screenshot)

post-110131-0-60613800-1387489559_thumb.

is there any way i can script this so that they only print  if they pass.

Why not just add Constrain Found Set script steps to limit the records to those marked "Pass"?  

Without knowing your relationship structure, I'm not sure where all those "Get Related Record" steps leaves you in the end.  I would have thought that you would want to return to the parental table/layout before conducting the next "Go to Related Record".  

Thanks for reply , i have another script that i have done where it returns me to the customer details layout when its finished. 

I then go to the folder where ive asked the pdfs to be sent and rename them before sending to customer.

Constrain found set HMMM i will have to look at  that. Ill do a search on google.

Would also be nice if i could save the pdfs as there names automatically, but can't figure this out .

Thanks ill reply if found anything 

This topic is 3783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.